Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. scared to unwrap at sleeptimes

scared to unwrap at sleeptimes Lock Rss

Hey guys,

My DD is 7 months old and has been wrapped at all sleeptimes since birth.

As she is getting bigger shes growing out of her wraps and as its getting hotter shes a sweaty mess too.

The only problem is she has this thing where she likes to pull things like wraps and blankets, towels etc over here face and plays boo. She can take it off her face too, im just worried about her sleeping and me not knowing whats going on in there.

id really like to start getting to sleep without a wrap but not sure how to go about all of this
if you still want to wrap her (as long it is safe to do so ie not rolling)& your wraps are too small, look at babyushka wraps. they are 130x130. i have just stopped wrapping ds (at 9months). if you're worried about her pulling clothing over herself, just use a bottom sheet & pj's & sleeping bag.
when dd was little, she used to move around the bed so much that any blanket etc was a waste. so i did what i mentioned about. she didn't get too hot or cold (just adjust the clothing to suit the climate.

Hey guys,

My DD is 7 months old and has been wrapped at all sleeptimes since birth.

As she is getting bigger shes growing out of her wraps and as its getting hotter shes a sweaty mess too.

The only problem is she has this thing where she likes to pull things like wraps and blankets, towels etc over here face and plays boo. She can take it off her face too, im just worried about her sleeping and me not knowing whats going on in there.

id really like to start getting to sleep without a wrap but not sure how to go about all of this

My dd was wrapped till 11 months she wouldn't sleep otherwise, it was like her routine, I'd wrap her she knew it was bedtime but would be unwrapped before she would go to sleep. Then one day she just decided she didn't need to be wrapped and that was it. She has a security blanket, she often runs her blanket up to her face to put herself to sleep and is never a problem, she like your lo loves playing boo, I check on her once I know she is asleep and she has alway got her head out and breathing fine. I mentioned it to my doctor once and they said to me it isn't a drama at this age as they can roll and uncover it themselves also reminding me that at times we cover our own faces with our doona when we cold sometimes and never have a problem neither will they..
Hope this reassure you smile
Best of luck x
thanks ladies smile

i think ill give the sleeping bags a go, maybe shell sleep better through the day for me unwrapped lol might take awhile but its worth trying it out

thansk smile
Sign in to follow this topic