Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Save Our Sleep - Tizzie Hall

Save Our Sleep - Tizzie Hall Lock Rss

Hi ladies,

Just wonder who has used the Save Our Sleep routines for getting your bub to sleep? I have bought the book and am thinking about giving it a go with my DD but due to where I live and some things I do during the week, most days I'm not home when the first recommended nap time is. Has anyone used the methods without the strict routine successfully?

TIA smile

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

yer mate I used it .its so crazy trying to get a baby to stick to a time for sleep time for eat , time for play time for this time for that
seriously just follow your babies cues
and your baby will love youfor it
why try and force bubs to sleep for this long ..w.ake for this long
ahhhh
does my head in this book
Gsxrness wrote:
yer mate I used it .its so crazy trying to get a baby to stick to a time for sleep time for eat , time for play time for this time for that
seriously just follow your babies cues
and your baby will love youfor it
why try and force bubs to sleep for this long ..w.ake for this long
ahhhh
does my head in this book

I'm not so much interested in getting my DD onto an enforced routine, I just want her to be able to self settle without having to do controlled crying anymore. We have done the CC thing and it worked for about a week but she is now back to waking up every 2 hours overnight and then needs me to go back in and settle her.

I have used save our sleep loosely and yes it works!

You DO NOT HAVE to use it strictly. Some people find being strict with routines works for their baby and their family, some find loose routines work, some find watching their baby and using his/her cues to build. A routine works and some have none what so ever.

They key component if her method is the cry it out and timing. Catching your child when they are ready to sleep, listening to their cry and learning what they are telling you and making sure your baby's needs are met ahead of time.

If your not normally home for a sleep time TIZZIE has a solution in her book. I think its the chapter on having a toddler and baby. There are answers for getting around school runs and appointments, holidays etc.

I used to put dd in the stroller and go for a walk for her first nap each day. I could drive to town and walk around getting my shopping or just get some excersise in.

As dd got older I still have her in a TIZZIE routine just slightly later times that suit her.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

~NoDdY~ wrote:
I have used save our sleep loosely and yes it works!

You DO NOT HAVE to use it strictly. Some people find being strict with routines works for their baby and their family, some find loose routines work, some find watching their baby and using his/her cues to build. A routine works and some have none what so ever.

They key component if her method is the cry it out and timing. Catching your child when they are ready to sleep, listening to their cry and learning what they are telling you and making sure your baby's needs are met ahead of time.

If your not normally home for a sleep time TIZZIE has a solution in her book. I think its the chapter on having a toddler and baby. There are answers for getting around school runs and appointments, holidays etc.

I used to put dd in the stroller and go for a walk for her first nap each day. I could drive to town and walk around getting my shopping or just get some excersise in.

As dd got older I still have her in a TIZZIE routine just slightly later times that suit her.

Thanks Noddy smile Definitely makes me more inclined to give it a go! Anything is worth a try I guess!

Im glad I helped. smile

I just think people tend to slam routine to quickly. Its pretty well known that most kids thrive on routine. It doesn't have to be strict so that if your child is eating lunch ten minutes late you panic and it doesn't have to be written on the fridge for the world to see. As adults we follow routine. Getting up at the same time each morning, eating lunch and tea at around the same time and going to bed at a certain time.we have natural, built in, routine called the body clock which even tels us when the best baby making time of our life is.

So to me any form of routine makes sense.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I have used the SOS routines for both my boys and it has worked successfully both times. I was able to follow it with my first bub as it was just him and I but when number 2 came along, I made some adjustments to suit our situation. I recommend the SOS routine to everyone however always add that there will be some things that you like and some things that you will dislike...just do what you think is best for you and your baby.

Nothing is better than when both boys have jumped on that 7pm bus (as Tizzie calls it) and you don't hear a peep until the next morning.

I used SOS and still do! I found it fantastic! Mostly because my baby went into the routines so easily. For me I had to have some idea of what to expect and found that my baby rarely cried or whinged for anything because I was always pre-empting what he needed. But it's not a strict rule on when things have to be done, I used it as more of a guideline... I know a lot of people don't rate this book at all but I think you take from it what you choose. I don't think this book was intended to be a rule book... Anyway hope this helps! smile
Thanks ladies,

Well I'm going to give it a go because I am going nutty having to get up 4-5 times a night to resettle DD. So far it seems to be working well so I'll keep going with it and hope it helps! I'm hoping to get DD having a sleep during the day instead of cat napping!

we used it and it helped us out heaps. we had no routine (and no sleep) with ds and although that is fine with some, for dh and i, we could not function. i needed to go back to work after 3 months and dh was already working full time. tbh this book was a godsend. ds took to it in 2 days. went from no sleep to 2 sleeps a day and sleeping through the night with his normal early morning wake up for a feed.

i think this books works for some and not for others. my ds obviously needed the routine and thrived on it right from the get go.

when dd was born we followed the book more loosely. she loved to sleep (still does) and put herself into her own routine so we didnt require the strictness that we had with ds.

i also used it for introducing solids as i had NFI what to do. once again with ds it worked a treat, but with dd we had to delay it a bit longer til she was ready.

good luck. but dont stress if bubs doesnt take to it. loosen it up a bit to fit in with your lifestyle.
This has been very informative to me too! Thanks all. My 10 month old settles into a routine for a few days, sometimes a week, then it just changes. He will go from sleeping 12-13 hours waking at 7 to not sleeping until late & waking at 4:30-5 or like last night waking about 1:30am & not settling back to sleep without a bottle. Then it throws out the whole day & I struggle to get breakfast into him & so on. Might get the book & see if I can follow it loosely smile

StrawberryTimTam wrote:
This has been very informative to me too! Thanks all. My 10 month old settles into a routine for a few days, sometimes a week, then it just changes. He will go from sleeping 12-13 hours waking at 7 to not sleeping until late & waking at 4:30-5 or like last night waking about 1:30am & not settling back to sleep without a bottle. Then it throws out the whole day & I struggle to get breakfast into him & so on. Might get the book & see if I can follow it loosely smile

TIZZIE has a "golden rule" called the 7pm bus. Basically you put your bub down so that they are asleep on 7pm and 9 times out of 10 the child will sleep 7-7 and fit into the day sleeps she provides.

She has a chapter on bubs that routine swap. Basically some kids (especially those heading towards two years) jump.between two routines.

Maybe these two things will help you.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic