Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

early mornings Rss

Hi All-
I don't have a huge problem with my 9 month old's sleep, it's just that she wakes every morning at 4:30 to 5:30. She wakes up bright eyed and ready to play, and nothing I do, including bringing her into my bed, works. She is no longer breastfed, and won't take a bottle, (a breast feed is how I used to get her back to sleep). By about 7am, she is exhausted and ready to go back to sleep, by which time I am ready to start my day. She goes to bed at 7pm, and sleeps all through the night until this ungodly hour when she is wide awake and ready to play!!! Any suggestions of how I can get her to sleep for another hour? Or am I asking to much?

Ellie, NSW, DD 3 yrs & TTC # 2

Hi Ellie

Your are not the only one who has a early riser!

My little man has decided that it's a great idea to wake at 515am. I have tried to resettle him but he just laughs at us, so we get him.

It's good for my hubby as he gets quality time with him, not a tired cranky baby like he gets at 6pm.

Landon will go back down at 8am, I've tried to hold that sleep back but he is just to cranky.

So I would also like some tips on how to get them to stay in bed past 530am.
Have you tried keeing her up any later then 7.00PM?...

Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Hi ladies,

I've had lots of sleep problems on and off with my little girl. She is now just over 12 month however and all is well. She sleeps from 7.30pm til 7.30am (sometimes she's awake a little earlier, but we don't get her up 'til 7.30) and has two naps a day, 10 'til 11.30 then 2.30 til 4/4.30 (mostly til 4.30).

All this through no cleverness of our own, but through what we've learned from a fantastic book call 'Babywise' which guides you through what they term PDF or Parent Directed Feeding. It is based on the idea that goodsleep habits are like anything else and are learned behaviour. It is very practical and so long as you stick with it (not hard to do) the results are amazing. I just wish someone had told me about it before my Alynta was born because it's obviously more difficult to implement something new after habits have already formed than it is to have it at the beginning.

It was so worth the effort and we are very thankful for our returned sleep. Hope this is helpful. If you'd like any more info, just ask.

Sign in to follow this topic