Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Changing Sleep Patterns at 5 Months

Changing Sleep Patterns at 5 Months Lock Rss

Hey all, I'm new to this forum. I have a 5-month old son who's been really, really hard to put down to sleep the last few days. I feel like his wake times are longer now because he protests when I put him down and then plays in the cot for 20 minutes until he cracks it and then proceeds to scream and cry for another 20 minutes. But I'm seeing all the tired signs, yet he's not tired. Are their sleep patterns meant to change around this age? Do I keep him up for longer or still try to settle him even though it's taking an hour?

Tina

Hi there, I have a 5 month old too, he is also pretty hard to put to sleep in his cot, and he just lays there playing and talking to himself even when he is tired, so I give in and lay down in my bed with him or rock him gently and get him to sleep that way and then once he is in a deep sleep I transfer him into his cot. I know it may not work for other mums or may not be what others want to do for thier child, but it works for me. It's the only way I can get him into his bed. I think also at around 5-6 months they do stay awake and alert for longer periods than previously. I think it's just an age thing. Good luck. I know it's hard and frustrating at times. I'm in the same boat. Lol

How long are you keeping baby up between naps? I think around that age they can handle up to 2 hours awake time between naps.

Sign in to follow this topic