Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How to break a bad habbit???

How to break a bad habbit??? Rss

Hi Everyone,

I have a real big problem ATM of putting my DD into bed with us during the middle of the night when she wakes up crying.

She used to be a very good night time sleeper, going to bed at 7pm and sleeping through til 6am, but she got quite sick a few weeks ago and since then she is waking all night long.

I try and resettle her, but she now knows if she cries alot that i will give in and put her in with hubby and I, so that we can all try and get some sleep. As soon as she gets in with us she is sound asleep within seconds, and unfortanetly she wakes when i try and put her back in her cot, hence we do the whole thing again, so i find it easier to leave her in our bed.

I know that this is just a bad habbit as she is now well again.

What can i do?? Any suggestions would be greatly appricated.

From one sleep deprived mother to another!!

Cheers
Fee
Hey Fee,

Thought I would get the ball rolling.

You are a great mum. You already know what I think...
When you are ready you will do the CC thing, if that is what you want.

If you ever need anything, I'm here.

xx
I am having the same problem! The thing is, these babies are more clever than we give them credit for! Would you rather be in a cold bed on your own or snug with mummy in her bed? I give in too, and like you I prob just need to get tough and do cc technique.

All the best!

Melissa, NSW, 14 month old bubs

Lillie to was like this until i was getting no sleep to make sure hubby wasnt rolling on her,i was loosing so much sleep and Lillie had me wrapped around her little finger
I NEVER thought i would do controled crying but after the 3rd night she slept through in her own bed,and still does!!!!!

and mummy is getting a better sleep and we are all happier the next day

xxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic