Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. waking in the night and wont let me put her back down

waking in the night and wont let me put her back down Rss

Madi was a great baby slept through since 6weeks old now is 9 months and sleeps maybe 4 hours a night. she will only go to sleep after a feed, she wakes and wants to be fed then once back asleep wont let me put her down each time i try she wakes. i have tried teething aides i dont believe its that. she cant be hungry she eats solids very well and has a good breast feed before sleep. she doesnt use a dummy only sucks her thumb. Help what can i do?

Anita,QLD,mother of madi,lachlan and harrison

Hi Anita,
We had heapsof troublewith Alynta when she hit about 5 1/2 months and stopped sleeping through. Then she started wanting to be in be with me all the time and started waking even more (anywhere from 3 to 8 times in a night) Both she and I got tireder and grumpier until finally a friend loaned me a book called 'Babywise' when Ally was about 8months. What a Godsend, it guides you through what they call PDF or Parent directed Feeding and within 1 1/2 - 2 wks, she was not only sleeping through, but was also having structured daytime sleeps aswell. Oh Happy family!

Alynta is now just over 12months and everything is still going great because the book helped us learn and lay some basic foundations. Her grandparents are amazed at the difference in her. It also solved our clinginess problems.

You may need also to check out the second in the series which is Babywise 2 and deals with 6 - 15 month olds more specifically, but the first one will give you all the foundational info you need.

Hope this helps, would love to know how yougo.
hi there,
I know this one, my 11month old is the same and it has been happening for the past 7 months, Unfortunatley I was getting to tired to keep sitting up with him while he slept, so I started to take him to bed with me (what a mistake) in the past 7 months he has only slept in his cot a few times. but in the last fortnight he has started to sleep in his own cot and has sleept almost right through going down at about 8.30 and waking at 4pm at the earliest. Unfortunatley I have no real advise to offer just thought I would let you know you are not alone.

I've tried controlled crying but after a week of 3 hrs sleep a night I gave up he would just get so worked up he would eventually be sick it wasn't health for him or for me so I gave up.

Hope someone out there has advise you havent tried.

Michelle VIC, Mummy to Marshal

Sign in to follow this topic