Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Controlled Crying Vs. Controlled Comforting

Controlled Crying Vs. Controlled Comforting Lock Rss

Look i just want to clarify to mums what these are. So many mums seem to stress over not controlled crying and only controlled comforting and some even don't believe in either but this is for mums that want to know the difference.

Controlled comforting and controlled crying are the same.

For both you let the baby cry for as long as you can handle some experts beleive in timing the crying but thats up to you. You then go in and settle the baby down, Say night, give them the dummy, toy or nothing (up to you) then leave then going away and leaving baby to cry for as long as you can handle or timing normally a longer interval.

You then enter the room settle baby with no eye contact and no speaking then leave again.

This is where babies normally fall alseep, Both techniques can go on like this, but the only difference if that controlled comforting the sugests either picking your abby up if you can not handle any more and start again later, or staying with your baby in the room until they have fallen asleep.

Either way you are not bad parents you are doing what you know best at the time. Whatever you call it, there are variations to all techniques these are just the basic steps to get you started.

Good Luck everyone.
Hopefully iv been informative.

Love Me

teegan_wa_ cheyenne 26/10/04 & domenic10/2/06

Hi, please i want people to read this and ask any questions you want clarified as im ready so many posts as mums are confused and tired and there are so many different ways of settling .

Consistency is the Key beleive iv been there and done that all tried and tested!!!!!!!!

smile

teegan_wa_ cheyenne 26/10/04 & domenic10/2/06

Sign in to follow this topic