Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

waking after 45mins Lock Rss

Hi huggies mamas - I was wondering if anyone could help me concerning DD's sleep issues?? She goes down to sleep at night without too much fuss, though without fail after her first sleep cycle she wakes up screaming and lately I can't get her to calm down unless I bf her. She does take a bit. I have fed her not long before bed so she shouldn't be hungry. Or is she??

I have spoken to CHN about this and they all say resettle, resettle!! (trust me I try)I know she can self settle because she does it during the day so whats the diff at night? They also said at 4.5mths she is too young for solids. Argghhhhh what to do!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

I so know what you are going through. DD went through this horrible 'hissy fit' stage of an evening. I'd feed her, put her down, she'd sleep for 10-15 minutes - then wake screaming. The only way I could get her down was to give her a top-up - then she would be fine. I didn't think it was a hunger thing, more a comfort thing, related to separation anxiety I think...

Like you, I tried all the resettling tricks, nothing worked apart from that top up, so I just kept doing it. Soon enough, DD just stopped the 'hissy fits' with seemingly no explanation !!!

I think its hard to know if its a hunger thing or a comfort thing. Most things are phases and pass soon enough, although it feels like forever at the time. I wouldn't get too worried about it. Do what you feel most comforatable with, which is usually what works. I don't think things like letting them cry is really effective until they are 6 monhts, although that is debatable.

I am pro waiting till bubs is 6 months for solids, however, lots of mums start even earlier than 4.5 months - so that might be worth starting another thread about.

Best of luck !

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic