Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

no more night feeds Lock Rss

Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone has any tips to offer me?
Starting tonight I am cutting out the night feeds, Max has previously been sleeping through from 6 weeks with only the occasional night wake and 2 1/2 months ago he started getting four of his top teeth and now that they are all through he is still waking once or twice a night which I am sure is because I have been feeding him as it is the quickest way to get him back to sleep as generally after a feed he goes straight back to sleep but the last couple of nights I have been feeding him two to three times and then he is crying for up to 20 minutes before he settles so I have decided that the time has come to cut off the supply! ( so to speak) I figure if he is going to be cranky anyway then I might as well try to stop and hopefully it won't take to long to rectify the situation, I know that the longer I keep it up the longer it will go on for and the harder it will be to break the habit.
Sorry for dribbling on for so long!
Any advice tips etc greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ness

mum to two gorgeous guys

hi ness,
at 6.5 months we decided that our bub didn't need night feeds, but was just waking for them out of comfort and habit.
we decided to try leaving him to settle himself and not go in. we gave ourselves 3 nights to see if there was any improvement, if not we planned to try something else.
the first night he cried for 40 mins before falling asleep and did the same 1 other time in the night. the second night it was 20 mins, and the third night only 5 mins. since then he has slept 7-7 with no problems. very occasionally he will wake but settles after a cuddle, no boob required. it is great for me as now i can go out after he goes to bed and be assured the boob won't be needed.
we were lucky that although he cried is wasn't too hysterical, otherwise i couln't have done it. i think its worth trying for 2-4 nights and you will soon know if its going to work for you or not. i wouldn't have kept going if there was no improvement.
best of luck
amanda

Amanda - Lachie 30/9/05, Will 20/10/07

Sign in to follow this topic