Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

can somebody help Lock Rss

my little girl is 8 and a half months old and since she was born i think i have had 6 nights or less of full sleep i thought it was normal.... but now i realise its not... what can i do to get her to sleep thru the night.....

rachel, QLD, mum to mya and sophia

i'm not sure if i can help you but if it is any comfort to you my son did sleep through until he was 10 months old. Up until then he was waking every 2-3 hours. Sometimes for a feed but sometimes out of habit. It wasn't until i stopped breastfeeding him and put him onto formula that he started to sleep through. It used to really get to me as i was just so tired and all i wanted was for him to sleep through but it was when i gave up all hope of having a decent nights sleep that he started. What is she waking for? A feed? a habit? If you are that desperate maybe try a sleep clinic or talk to your MCHN.

2 yrs

DD didn't sleep through until she was 10 months. Until then, I tried just about every trick just about any-body told me. I finally implemented Control Crying at 10 months and within 3 nights DD slept through (7am to 7pm).

I'm at two minds with this one. Some-times I think that its really upto the baby and nothing you can do will expediate them sleeping through. Then other times I think that DD would have slept through earlier if I didn't pander to her every whim and implemented a little bit of tough love.

Like you, I thought babies slept through from between 6-12 weeks. I remember when DD was 6 weeks waiting to see my GP and a mum with a 9 month old said that her baby still wakes 2-3 times a night. I never thought that would end up being me too !!!

I don't know how I coped looking back. I have to say, its scary thinking when (if) we have another baby, that I might have to go through that all again, but with at toddler to care for too !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi rachel,

I have a 4 month old and have been spoiled he sleeps through the night at the moment hopefully this will not change last bottle when I go to sleep 10:30 - 11:00 (Dream sleep) and he sleeps through until anywhere between 7 & 9

My 1st child was a different matter I had to pat her to sleep she would not sleep by herself but I think it was more myself not having the confidence to deal with the controlled crying.
She finally decided to go to sleep by herself at 12 months she was moved out of the cot and onto a mattress on the floor she slept the night through. She didn't like the cot so decided to keep her in the bed full time.

Goodluck hopefully a full nights sleep soon
Sign in to follow this topic