Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sleeping on belly Lock Rss

hi all i know your not supposed to do this but my bubs just wouldnt settle so at 2 weeks i put her on her tummy that night she slept for 7 hours straight and now she is 4 and a half months and has been sleeping all night since 1 month, i would like to know how other people feel about this and if anyone else does it

Thanks

Kel xx

Kelly, WA, 4yr old & 4 mths

Hey Kelly - that is a really tough one. It wasn't that long ago mums were told to always sleep their bubs on their belly. There are some babies that have to be slept on their bellies or sides for medical type reasons - so its not that uncommon.

DD has pretty much always slept on her belly since about 6 months when I stopped wrapping her. It seems her natural sleeping position is on her tummy with her bum in the air - lol. I still put her down on her back, but let her roam the cot to find her own position. Your bub isn't far off doing that for herself, in fact - DD was pretty slow in terms of when she rolled and stuff.

I think you need to do what works and what you feel most comforatable with. If you can make bubs sleeping environment as safe as possible, then there isn't much else you can do. I think SIDS people will not be happy with you sleeping a bub on their belly, however, they can still guide you on how to make the rest of the sleeping environment safe and sound.

Best of luck - its a tough subject, but I'm all for doing what works best for you.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic