Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Struggling right now...

Struggling right now... Lock Rss

My partner is away, have hardly slept all week due to DD not sleeping and me and DP being sick.

Now tonight while I am home alone I can't get DD to stay asleep!!! The only way she will sleep is if I am holding her, as soon as I put her down she screams.

Have put her down on belly, back, in her bouncer, in my bed, in her cot, in porta cot the works!! But she just screams...I don't mean stirs, I mean screams.

So as a last resort I have tried wrapping her (hasn't slept wrapped since she was 3mths) to see if it works. She's stirred a few times I'm just hoping she stays.

I haven't eaten yet, I have just managed to feed the dogs and I still have to do her bottles.

Honestly how do you signle parents do it? You are just amazing!!! Atleast when DP is here we take shifts but I am just abt at the end of my tether and it's only my first night alone!

Natalie QLD, Alisha Rose 13-12-05

Hey
Did you try just holding her, lie down with her, sometimes being a mum just means having to put everything else on pause. One night with my daughter i took my carseat out and put her in that and it worked.

I think that a lot to do with coping as a parent in general has to do with how much support you have. I'm a single mum and at my whitts end sometimes, as all mums are i just do things to unwind, even if its just coming on here and seeing that i'm not the only one having problems jusy always remember that THIS TOO SHALL PASS

good luck

Tiddles, Vic, 3/1/2006 dd

Hi Natalie, I hope your night improved and you managed to eat and get some sleep. Just think if it's your first night alone it will probably get easier as time goes on - and no matter how hard you try you are always gonna have a rough night every now and then. If wrapping your bubba helps then at least you have found something that works. Hope you get better soon.

Good luck

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

Sign in to follow this topic