Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Sleeping with bub not hub

Sleeping with bub not hub Lock Rss

My parter has a 8mth old baby with another woman but i have been there sinse birth.

When we have Liam every 2nd weekend he wont sleep in his cot.

the last few times my partner would sleep on the couch one night and me the next, we never get to sleep with each other.

Liam's cot is in our room because there is no other room in the house as we live with my partners parents.

Once liam is asleep and we put him in his cot he wakes up and wont go back to sleep but as soon as you pick him up he falls asleep on your shoulder

Please help

Gary and Sarah and Liam18mths

how does he sleep when he's at 'home' (ie with his mum)? if he's like this when he's there, you dont have much chance of changing it, because he cant tell the difference yet. if he's usually a good sleeper at home, then it may be some sort of insecurities about your home. because he's only there every second weekend, it may be that he's not completely comfortable sleeping in his cot. when he snuggles up to you or your partner, there is a sense of security for him. unfortunately, i think it will be hard to break this at the moment, until he starts to understand the difference between his mums house and his dads house.
sorry i couldnt be more help

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

Sign in to follow this topic