Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

controlled crying Lock Rss

Hi all,
I would like to hear from ppl who have SUCCESSFULLY used control crying and have gotten good results.
If you did it and did not give in ; how long did it take to get results ?

Vicky,NSW, 5.12.05

hi there

the first time i used it dd was about 4mths, and it took about 3 nights to get her to sleep from 6pm-4:30am...

when i dropped her 4:30am breastfeed it took about the same to get her to sleep till 5:30am..... unfortunatley that is now her wake up time (everyday)....

from memory the first night dd took about 40mins to settle herself, and then 20mins and then 5mins... after the first night there was a big improvement and by the 3rd night it was a whinge and then sleep..

i have found that if anything out of the normal happens and she wakes and i go in to settle her (like going away, sickness or visitors or teething dramas, stupid kids setting fireworks in our street!!!) it takes about 2 nights to get back to sleeping through again.... but it was definately worth it, she is a very good sleeper... touch wood!!!

cheers
kristie

Kristie, tvlle, 3.5yr & newborn

I tried 2-3 times before finally sticking it out when DD was 10 months. It took 3 nights, with mass improvement each night. My first few attempts (from 6 months) was half hearted at best as we couldn't bring ourselves to do it. By 10 months I had a gutful so we stuck it out - thankfully. Mind you, we tried nearly every 'soft' approach you could think of with no results up until DD was 10 months.

Don't get too hard on yourself if you can't follow through. Just give it a week or two, then try again. I think its super important that you and your partner are in agreeance with doing it. It also helped us to have a plan. DH can not stand DD crying so he use to put his head phones on and I'd tap him on the shoulder if I needed him.

Best of luck - hope what ever you end up doing works as there is nothing sweeter than having a good nights sleep.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic