Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. what to do and anyone done save our sleep self settle tech

what to do and anyone done save our sleep self settle tech Lock Rss

hi there everyone im having huge sleep probs with my wee girl who will be 10mths in few days only ever since she got her 2 top teeth 2 wks ago which caused her lots pain compared to when got 2 bot ones.anyway her good sleeping has gone out the window and i feel im only getting 2-4. hrs each nite plus having a 3yr old and hubby wkg away and no family support.im walking round in a daze and feeling quite sick and totalyy run down i just cannott continue like this as i have very short patience and seem take all out on my son so not fair on him.and im starting to get angry in the nite when im up again to her.i brst feed her at least once but after that she still keeps waking up and not interested in another feed.i was reading tizzie hall bk she says let them protest for as long as you can handle it which im thinking of trying tonite nothing else seems to wk.she self settles on her pwn no worries in the day just not at nite like she use to.this is not a healthy situation for anyone please help thanks.

shell 4yr old & 16mth

Hi,

I can't help with the self settling techniques but I just wanted to let you know that I too get really frustrated with my son and I take it out on him (not physically) and wonder what I'm doing wrong. Just step put of the room - take alot of deep breaths and hopefully you'll be able to tackle it again.
Good luck tonight - I hope it works for you.

Belinda, NSW, 7mth son

hey darl

first of all remember when you are feeling so damn tired that millions of mothers around the world are feeling it with you right now!

i have tizzies book but i used a book by Gina Ford which is nearly the same

i would highly recommend this book but you must remeber that because your daughter is older changes will take longer, once in the routine you will notice your bub is happier, babies actually love routine as they know whats coming next!!

it takes at least 5 days to notice changes but it saved my life!!!

stick to it.
also remeber that if she is teething this may be a little tricky?

Lillie....1 year old!!!

hi shelley,
just wanted to let you know you are not alone. i am having the exact same problem with my 10 month old son. i started using tizzie halls "lay down approach" only yesterday and so far it seems to be working.

goodluck with your bub. hopefully we will start getting some sleep soon!
Sign in to follow this topic