Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Is anyone using the Tizzie Hall save our sleep routine?

Is anyone using the Tizzie Hall save our sleep routine? Lock Rss

I have an 8 month old boy and in a desperate attempt to get him to both sleep and be happier in the day I have just started him on this routine and am keen to talk to any other mums giving it a go

Liams Mum,NZ,14mth boy

Hi there, I have been using Tizzie Hall's routine's since my son was about 8weeks old. (He is now nearly 13months). It has worked well for us with a few adjustments every now and then( when he has been unwell etc). I was determined that my son was going to be a sleeper. NOT a catnapper! He still has 2 x 1 1/2 -2 hour sleeps every day and he sleeps thru from 7pm to 7am. It would be interesting to see how we'd be today if I hadn't followed a routine as I had not had anything to do with kids/babies before.
I recommend it. I have quite a few friends with babies about the same age and they are still having trouble getting their kids to sleep thru the night and during the day.
Let me know how it goes. ggodluck

Nicci

Nicci - mum to 2 Gorgeous Little Horrors!!

Its good to find someone else doing this routine! I only started him three days ago and so far the daytime is great but still having trouble with the night time. How long did it take your boy to sleep right through? I have just weaned him from breast to bottle and he used to feed every 3 hours and now he is on four hours he is heaps more content in the day. He goes to sleep by himself in the day has a dream feed at 10.30 but is awake again at about 3.30 and hungary. I try to settle him back down, and he settles himself mostly when he wakes at other times. Also can't get him to sleep til 7, he is awake at 6 or so every morning and i leave him as long as i can but usually he is up at 6.30.

Liams Mum,NZ,14mth boy

Good Morning! The Routine sounds interesting, Do you mind if i ask how it works or how i can find out about it?. So happy for you both that you have found something that woorks with your little ones!!!.

Liz,Mum To Sam 09/01/05

Sure the website is 'saveoursleep.com.au' go and have a look and see what you think. I've only just started but the daytime is already heaps easier! I demand fed to 8 months which worked well but things been going down hill since 6 months! Let me know if you decide to give it a go

Liams Mum,NZ,14mth boy

Hi Jo,
Damon started sleeping right thru properly from about 6 months. With the 10.30pm feed, I started leaving it later and later to see how long he would go. He eventually started to sleep longer thru the nite. He would sometimes wake up between 3.30 and 5.30am. I would then give him a drink of water and if he was really upset, a cuddle but most times I would just resettle him and he would go back to sleep where I would wake him at 7am (if he was still asleep).
Do you put him to bed at 7pm? I guess it may take a bit of time to get used a new routine. As I said previously, we adjust our routine a bit now and then. Damon is one of those kids that is having a hell time teething. So he has been waking up late at night these past couple of days. I give him a cuddle and a drink of water and 99% of the time he goes back to sleep.
If your little one gets up at 6.30am, what time are you putting him back down? A friend of mine was having the same problem with her 1year old boy waking up from 5 am onwards for ages. I showed her the routine I was following for 9-12mths and she started to put her boy down 1/2hour later and he now wakes up from 6.30/7am. but it did take a few days for her.
Goodluck and let me know how it goes.
Nicci

Hi Liams mum,

I'm sorry for calling you Jo. I posted a reply earlier to someone named Jo. Don't know what I wa thinking. My memory has not returned since pregnancy.
Enjoy your day.
Nicci

No worries can't say my memory the best either! I put Liam down at 7 and he is asleep in 10 minutes. Liam also is having a hell of a time teething, he got 4 top teeth in a week, no sign of any bottom ones yet but still seems to be in quite a bit of pain. Will try putting him down for his first sleep half an hour earlier

Liams Mum,NZ,14mth boy

I have a 7 month old daughter and have been using Tizzie's routine for nearly 3 months. It's made a HUGE improvement in Amelia's sleeping. Initially, it dramatically improved her day sleep and although there was some improvement at night, she still required the dreamfeed plus another feed around 3am (sounds very similar to your situation). I struggled to get rid of the 3am feed and ended up going to "sleep school" for 5 nights. This was the icing on the cake! Amelia now sleeps from 7pm to nearly 7am every night without the dreamfeed or middle of the night feed. She also follows Tizzie's routine during the day. I'm a new woman!!! (Occasionally, like today I have a set back but luckily she's generally great for 6 out of 7 days.) Persistence is the key. I also paid for 3 months email support with Tizzie and have found it very useful.

mum to baby girl (7 Sept 04)

If you don't mind me asking bluetrinity, what is sleep school? Last night was an improvement, Liam slept til his usual 3.30 or so in which case I got up offered him some water, which he didn't take, tucked him back in and went back to bed, leaving him to it. He settled really quickly then woke again at 5.30 and I decided I certanly wasn't going to have him up any earlier than his usual 6.30, and although he grizzled a bit he also had a bit more sleep. Do any of you use a dummy? What about in the mornings, how do you distinguish to your child that he/she is allowed to get up?

Liams Mum,NZ,14mth boy

Sleep school is basically a program to help bubs learn to self settle and to help stressed parents! There's lots of "sleep schools" in Aust. I'm unsure about N.Z. Sometimes they're called "Mother and Baby" units. There's both day and residential programs. I attended a residential program at a private hospital that was covered by my health insurance. There's also government funded programs. Your maternal health clinic should have details although my health clinic is pretty pathetic and I had to do all the chasing myself. The program used Controlled Comforting and also a routine as their main techniques.
Amelia often wakes around 5.45am and I usually let her talk to herself or will settle her if she's crying. I have a pretty strict policy of not getting her up before 6.45am so will keep settling her until then if I need to. I use both Tizzie Hall's advice and also the advice I got at the sleep school which was very similar. Both say 7am should be the wake up time to aim for. I find if I get her up any earlier that the rest of the day goes into chaos. I then do the feed play sleep routine and have her back in bed at 9am. I believe this is the most important sleep of the day.

mum to baby girl (7 Sept 04)

Hi Liams Mum....
I went to a sleep school here as well - Tresillian - but am origionally from NZ and I had never heard of them either. But the other day someone told me that one of the ones over here actually started in NZ - its called Karitane... Perhaps you could check them out. Good luck smile

Suz, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic