Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Too late to bed Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions on getting my 5 month old son to go to sleep earlier in the evening.

He doesn't give into sleep until about 11pm every night. When he does finally go to sleep he sleeps for 7 to 8 hours then has a morning feed then sleeps for another 3 to 4 hours in the morning.
He usually has 2 or 3 naps a day lasting between 1/2 hour to an hour or so.

We've tried so hard to change this but it just doesn't seem to work.

How can we change his sleep pattern so that he goes to bed earlier? eg. 8pm or 9pm.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks
Mandy ; )

Mandy, Ippy, 15weekBub

Unfortunately Im having the same problem with my 7 month old...She used to sleep at 8 and got up at 11 for a feed but now she won't go to bed till 11 or 12 at night.....Im thinking of just putting her into her cot at 9pm today and leaving her (even if she cries) but I don't know how long I'll be able to stand the crying.... Lets see how it goes today!!!!!!

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

Hi Mandy,
We had the same sort of problem there fo a little while too. We kept her awake for a few hours in the morning after waking the first time - usually at 7am, put her down for her nap at 11am then for another at 3pm. Her naps were usually 2hrs for the first and 1 for the second. Eventually she started going to sleep earlier and now goes dowm anywhere betweeen 7pm and 8.30pm.
Are you feeding your little fella solids yet? We also make 6pm tea time at the latest. She scoffs her food and is showered in 30 minutes! Usually she tends to drift off or get the sleepy look on her final nighttime bottle before bed.
So maybe try to keep him up a little longer in the morning after his brekky feed!
Good luck!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic