Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Has anyone tried ignoring during the night?

Has anyone tried ignoring during the night? Lock Rss

hi,
My son is 10 mths old. He has never slept well. We have tried control crying and it worked straight away. The next few nights we didnt even need to get up cause after a few minutes of crying he would go to sleep. He now wakes at 5:30 for a bottle and NOTHING i do will change this. he sleeps 7-7 with the 5:30 bottle. I have tried giving water, he throws it and demands milk, i have tried soothing back to sleep, wont work, tried control crying and finally tried ignoring him, but i cant let him cry more than 5 mins and in the middle of the night that seems like forever! what do u think i should do? i read in other topics of people who ignore their bubs and eventually the bubs give up and sleep thru? I am expecting a new bub in august and so i eed rest and want ash sleeping through before they arrive.. should i ignjore??

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

by the time ella was 10 months i was fed up with night waking too, ella was waking regularly to come into bed with us and knew crying would eventually lead to us giving in. up until then i had felt that i couldn't stand hearing her cry continually but decided it was time to get tough and just do it.
the first night she cried for an hour, the second 30 mins and the third about 10mins. we've not looked back since and i'm so happy to be getting good sleep.
at 10 months he will be ok left crying as long as you know he can't hurt himself in his cot. as long as you are ready to cope with hearing it i think its a really good way to help your baby sleep longer.
mel

mel, ella jasmine 13/06/04 & benjamin tyler 6/8/06

Sign in to follow this topic