Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Help Me Get My Daughter To Sleep!!!!!!

Help Me Get My Daughter To Sleep!!!!!! Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,
My daughter is 5 and a half months old and I still need to hold her,rock her,walk up and down the hallway with her or push her in her pram.We have had to do this since she was 3 weeks old.We need help desperately.Can some one give me some suggestions ASAP.Thanks
hi!
My name is kirsty. My son wasvery dependent on feeding for sleep, and then once i broke that, he needed me i think. So we tried control crying. We kept giving up too easy though cause we thought we were hurting our boy. by 9 months i said enoughs enough and we started it and i prepared myself. went to bed early, got up and chnaged into warm clothes and had a blanket on the lounge and a video in the machine ready. Surprisingly after just 1 night it improved. We watched an episode of super nany where with a 2 yr old she used the method of staying in the room to get him to sleep in his own bed. We tried this with our bub. We would stand at the door with the door open and our backs to him. He would cry, but knowing we were still there he would eventually settle. If he got hysterical, i would go over and turn him on his side, rub his hair and hold his arm so he couldnt flail. I never picked him up. We did this for two nighst and by the third he was sleeping through and self soothing. I would hear him wake, he would whimper for a few minutes then go back to sleep. One thing u need to do is be strong, it wont hurt your child to let them cry, but never for longer than 15 mins. Soothe her but dont pick her up, and if u r goin to do this, set out to do it and ont give in.. it can take up to 2 weeks. Its up to u, i dont know if this will help or not, but it worked for us., though my son is 9 months old, but most experts say the key is self soothing... so.. its up to u..
email me if u ahve any more questions..
[email protected]

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Hi Lucy,

I would suggest that you get some help from either your local Early Childhood Centre or if you have a Tricillian near by, even better. They will be able to help you have the confidence to do Contolled Crying if you don't feel you can do it by yourself. It's probably not a good idea to swap one comfort with another.

I know it can be destressing to see your pride & joy suffering, but I think that the situation will only get worse if you don't stop it soon.

Please don't think that I am putting you down about this, I certainly hope it's not coming across like that.

I hope everything goes well for you.....

Bernadette & Georgia, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic