Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. to all mums feeding commercial baby food

to all mums feeding commercial baby food Lock Rss

Hi, my son is almost 10 months and was fed commercial baby food from 5 and a half months until about two weeks ago. Of course it was conveniant as we were out alot so didn't really think twice about it. But at nine months old we started to work on getting him to sleep through the night, and it was working really well. Apart from the fact I could hear him grizzling and being very restless in his sleep. Not sure why this was I talked to other mums and someone suggested a 10 day trial period of taking him off commercial baby food, so I decided to give it a go. By Day three he was sleeping through and was happier in the day for the better nights sleep. So I just thought I'd share this story as no one really tells you just what affect commercial baby food can have on some babies, and I would never have thought of this being the problem by myself! So don't just put everything down to teething there may be an underlying issue...

Liams Mum,NZ,14mth boy

hi
My son is also 10 months and alternates between commercial and home made food. His sleep has made no differnece. What exactly is it in commercial food do u think? I am interested cause he is still waking once, but he only eats commercial food every now and then.. but maybe cutting it out will help
thanks Kirsty

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Sign in to follow this topic