Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Im at my wits end Lock Rss

my 5 month old is teething and wont sleep. During the day and night, she screams the house down to sleep. When i leave the room she starts crying. Then i do the control crying with her and return. Shes all sweating and really upset. Im getting worse i just feel so down about myself cause of this. helppppppp

Karen - Jasmine 14/1/05 & Damon 31/1/07

HI Karen
Try not to feel down about it, your trying your best. If she is in pain with her teeth, mabey its comfort she needs, there is a technique called controlled comfort too. I find with Bradyn if he is crying and I pick him up then put him down he is often worse, unless he is really stressed I just put my hands on him through the cot. Panadol/pain releif for babies may also help. It is a bit of a trial and error to find the best way to settle your baby, what works for one doesn't always work on another, or it can work one day and not the next. Control crying is just one technique and isn't for everyone or everybaby. I had to get Bradyn out of comfort feeding to sleep, since he has been on solids I have been successful, every now and then I do feed him to sleep when he is particullarly stressed, only occassionally and he will still go to sleep on his own after doing this. I guess I'm trying to say sometimes you may need to comfort and cuddle to sleep, if you don't start doing it all the time bubs won't start needing it to fall asleep. Bradyn is now 7 months and I've found the best thing is to have confidence in yourself.
Goodluck.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

Hi, My little girl has also started teething, she was also born on the 14th Jan.
I have been using bonjela, and panadol, seems to help for a while, she will have a few hour sleep, I usually have a sleep as well, so I dont feel so down and tired. When she is really grumpy and wont settle down I just cuddle and talk to her until she is calm enough to be put back down, a few time of doing this she is usually calm enough to go to sleep.
So don't feel down about yourself, teething is hard to go through, to find out what works for your baby, but once that tooth is through all will be good.
By the time she get's the next one you will know what works best.

Kelly's mum (14/01/05) walking

Sign in to follow this topic