Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

DAY SLEEPING Lock Rss

Hi All,

i have a 5 month old how usually sleeps 12-13 hours during hte light from 7:30 till 8:30 stays up for an hour and 15 mins then goes down for 2 hours then up for 2 then down for 2 then up again for 2 then normally about an hour and a half to all up she sleeps about 18 and about hours a day? Is this normal for this age? I didn't think they sleept so long. Not that i'm complaining i was just curious

Amy, Mum of Ella
Hi Amy

My daughter is pretty much the same - although she is only 14 weeks old. With both my kids (I have a 2 yr old son as well) I followed the Karitane sleep needs guide and compared to that your baby sounds right on track. Most babies will change to 2 day sleeps at around 6 months. My son used to sleep really well of a night but now so well during the day - maybe only 2 x 1hour sleeps even from a couple of months old. My daughter is just like your baby though - sleeps for about 12 hours of a night and then has 3 really good day sleeps - so just enjoy smile

Take care
Jasmine
oh! I remember those days!!
enjoy them while they last, soon you will have a bubbly little toddler, who can survive on only a few hours of sleep a day and is constantly running around and getting into everything!...smile

my baby boy slept about the same amount of time as yours, and I think they really do need their sleep at their age, so little Ella sounds just fine!

Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Hi Amy

I also have a five month old, she is up for about
2 hours and down for 1-2 hours during the day she sleeps for about 12 hours at night although lately she has been waking up, but this just means quick bottle and back to bed.

This seems very normal to me and the only thing i try to do is make sure she does different things during her up time, and i dont make her go back to bed in the day if she has a short sleep as long as shes happy!

I think we should just take the advice of others and enjoy these wonderful times while they last smile

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

Hi my son is 4 months old. His sleeping pattern duringthe day is sleep for 30mins - 1hr up for 2 hrs. I hour at the most during the day 2-3 times. He sleeps for about 7 hrs at night wakes up for a bottle and nappy change then straight back to sleep and sleeps for another 5hrs. At first he would only fall asleep in my arms being rocked but now I can put him in his cot awake and he falls asleep within 10mins. I dont know why it changed but its alot easier.

kylie,nsw,mum to William & Hannah

Sign in to follow this topic