Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. awake all day - going out of my mind

awake all day - going out of my mind Lock Rss

Hi i have a 14 week old boy who just won't sleep during the day. I had him in a routine of sleeping 12 hours at night but now that has changed as well and he is wakeing up after 6 hours and screams for about two hours before he goes back down. Has anyone else been through this and how did you over come it.
hi..what i do with my daughter even though shes 10 months now, but when she teethes she will scream for hours and won't go to sleep so i just take her for a drive (sometimes in the middle of the night.lol) and wait till she goes to sleep then come home and quickly put her in bed..it works like a charm. hope you get some rest soon.

renee 23, rod 25, DD 5/9/04, DS 22/7/07

hi smile

what i do with my daughter is take her for a drive whether it be in the middle of the night or not. wait till; she goes to sleep and uickly put her in bed and she sleeps the rest of the night, it works like a charm. hope you get some rest soon.

oops..wrote that twice..lol

Hello, my little one was a very difficult baby but the good news is that when he hit 5 months he became the perfect baby and is still today (at 12 months) the envy of all parents I know ... so hold in there

Put a routine in place is the best advice i ever received. It takes 3 days for a baby to learn a new routine so work out a schedule that works for you allowing for all feeds, plays and sleeps etc then start it and stick to it no matter what
if you decide baby should nap at 10.00am then put him down at 10am every day whether he is tired or not and eventually by the end of the week he will start to know whats happening and fall into the routine. Babies like to know what to expect
The first few days will be hard but then life will get alot easier

If Jordan gets out of routine now he is unbearable to manage as he loves routine and knowing what is coming next. Works a dream and its easy to plan your life around it to once you know whats happening

Good Luck
Jordans Mummy

Jordan Zane 15.07.2004, Perth WA

Hi,
Just as the baby wakes up, give the baby a good feedm change him/her and then try playing on a play mate to tire the baby. It has worked for me, as my 3 month baby goes to sleep every 2-3 hours and sleeps 7-8 hours at night.
Give it a try.
Regards...
Sign in to follow this topic