Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Settling Trouble Lock Rss

Hi all,
I have a 8 month old daughter and she has never liked going to sleep. We tried to put her in her cot and she would just cry. She could've stayed in there for hours crying and i couldn't stand that.

Unless one of us was lying there next to her she wouldn't go to sleep. She now can get herself to sleep but only if she is watching TV. She won't go to sleep in her cot. She doesn't like her cot at all. At one point we had her sleeping in her porta cot as she would sleep all night there but not in her cot. Help.

Has anyone had any trouble like is or any suggestions?

Kat, NSW, 8 month old daughter Tempest!

I don't know if this will work. If she sleeps in her cot when your next to her try the controlled comfort technique, where each week move further away(ie usually it starts from touching bubs, sitting next to the cot, by the door, where bubs can't see you (but can hear).. or something similar). It might be a stage she'll grow out of. Maybe even just using the porta cot for a while. Will she sleep in the porta cot in her room?
When BJ was younger I used to put the radio on softly so he didn't feel so alone. I used an alarm clock with radio so eventually when I left the room the radio would turn itself off after an hour.
I hope this helps.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

Sign in to follow this topic