Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Restless Baby Lock Rss

My daughter of almost 9 months used to be an ok sleeper, but lately she is awful. She wakes soon after we put her down for the night which is normally around 7.30pm and continues to wake up for another 4 or 5 times a night. For the first couple of time just putting a dummy in will settle her, or sometimes we have to pick her up and rock her or just hold her. From after 3am at night she seems to be wide awake when she wakes and is either standing in her cot crying or sitting there talking. So far the only way I learnt to settle her is by putting her in our bed or giving her a bottle. I realise this is probably a bad thing to do, but after being up a few times a night already, I just give in. I don't know why she is such a restless sleeper. I may have to try control crying so she can get used to putting herself to sleep better, but I was just wondering if any other mums have the same problems and what solutions have you come across. It's been a while since I've had 4 hours sleep in a row so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Vanessa,SA,Taylor

Hi, my son is just over 4 months old and was a great sleeper. He'd go to bed in between 8-9 and wouldn't wake till about 6 for a feed and go back to sleep for another couple of hours. But he would only sleep for about 40 mins at a time through the day and have a few of these. But he's just started to get himself into a routine where he has 1 big sleep for 2-3hours and a couple of 45mins to an hour sleeps. But since he's started the big sleeps (well I think that's what it is) he keeps waking through the night too. Pkus he's been going to bed earlier. Eg: Last night wanted a feed at around 12, then awake again at 2 then slept til 7, had another feed and went back to sleep. But that's a good morning! When he actually did go back to sleep. I'm feeling a tad the same and wanting to know how to help this. I'd love more sleep too!!

Kasey
sorry i dont have any solutions for you!

But my son is 6months and has been doing this as well. Normally just for the dummy, but some times he can be up for almost an hour! i cant stand it because the constant crying makes me want to cry. Now hubby gets up during the night, which is great for me (although i still wake up when he cries) it doesnt make me want to cry. Its kinda like he might have a pain in the belly or something. Recently we did try settling him with giving him some warm water with brown sugar in it - sometimes that helps! Good luck with your little one.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic