Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. baby has cat naps - any other way??

baby has cat naps - any other way?? Lock Rss

HI. My darling daughter (5mths) has catnaps of 35 mins each, about 4-5 per day, then off to sleep by 7:30 for 11-12 hrs. If I just leave her in bed she'll roll over and play and wont go back to sleep, and if we tried to pat her off to sleep, she ll just grin at me and kick alot.
I have to wait 45 mins before she gets sleepy again. So am not getting much else done ! I noticed many other babies sleep for 2 hours, how does this happen?

Thanks for any advice...

Sarah, DD, 5 mths.

Hi,
My baby used to cat nap too, I think it was around the 4-5month mark, very frustrating. It is also hard to establish a routine. I don't know really what I did but he stopped cat napping and sleeps now for 1 - 2 hours and 2 sleeps a day. I think it was more that bubs started moving and being more active so required more rest time. Just keep trying to settle consistancy is a key. Perhaps try to keep her awake for longer after a cat nap (>2hours?) if she doesn't get too overtired.
Goodluck.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

Sign in to follow this topic