Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. My baby is crawling whilst asleep!?!

My baby is crawling whilst asleep!?! Rss

My daughter is ten months old and for the past three weeks now she has been crawling in her sleep.
She will roll over in her sleep and crawl her way to the top of her cot (or our bed!!) and she remains fast asleep until she reaches the top, where she'll start head-butting the cot/ wall before waking up screaming!

She is waking up half-hourly and it is driving me insane! Within 20 minutes or so of me getting her back to sleep and laying her down in bed she will roll onto her stomach and start all over again!

I didn't even know sleep crawling was possible?!?!

Has any one else experienced any thing similar?

How can I stop her crawling in her sleep???

Katie, VIC, Aaliyah Kaylee born 28/11/06 & Mikayla

My DS ALWAYS moves up the cot. He rolls onto his tummy as soon as I put him down and has done so for months.
Does she sleep in a sleeping bag?
I found he doesn't move as much in his sleeping bag and I guess He is just growing out of doing it. Some nights when I turn his light off on my way to bed he has moved up a bit, but some nights he is in exactly the same spot as when I put him down.
Sorry, I'm not any help, but just letting you know it isn't just your DD!
By the way, my DS is 10 months old too.
Kel

I had to laugh when I read your post, Katie. My DS is the same age as your DD and also crawls in his sleep, has done for about a month. He doesn't tend to wake, though I can't put him in my bed anymore because he does hit his head and cry. In his own cot, he crawls around and changes direction repeatedly through the night. He sleeps in a bag but that doesn't seem to stop him (he can crawl across the floor in one). I don't know if it makes a difference, but he sleeps with a wedge in his cot to raise the head of the mattress; he doesn't seem to crawl uphill, just reaches beyond to fetch his favourite teddy.
Sign in to follow this topic