Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

12month old...sippy cup?? Lock Rss

hi, my daughter is now 13months old and uses a sippy cup (heinz 9months+) for her water/drinks.
i wanted to move her onto the next step with the cups but they all have straws...??
just wondering what other mums are using for their bubs around the same age.
thanks, kelly

Kelly, NSW, Caleb born 3/10/00, Hannah born 21/8/0

I used the straws...less mess!

You can get a stages cup made by Heinz (I think) and it turns into a cup for older babies and toddlers. Did see them once but not very often. Maybe try their website.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

my 8mth boy drinks from a sipper cup and can drink thru a straw too.... practise with lots of different, as if you're ever stuck and have to 'make do', bub will be used to it. I did this with my 1st bub, & now she is 2 1/2 & has been drinking from anything for nearly 2 yrs.
Hi
My son is 16 months old and he drinks from both sippie cup and straw cup now !!
The funny thing was when he started drinking from both he got a bit confused because the sippie you have to lift up to drink and a straw you don't !! so yeah he used to mix them up but now he figured it out !!
He still drinks his formula from his bottle so now i want to get him another cup and take the bottle away !! Poor kid will get realy confused now !!lol!
We have way to many choices now even confusing for me !!
Try the tommee tippee cup it has a lip that lifts up and down so the kids can pen & close it themselves. also stops leakage when its closed.

Cost $11 from Kmart/Target

Bianca, Emily 7/11/03 Jess 24/3/05 Thomas 12/6/07

Sign in to follow this topic