Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

When can bubs have water? Lock Rss

Does anyone have advice on when to start giving bubs some (boiled) water? She is 3.5 months old and it was suggested to me by an older family member that she might like/need some water as well as her bottle during the day due to the hot weather. (We live in Brisbane).

Thanks smile

daisyhallestorm

Hi there,
I'm pretty sure they can have boiled water from birth. I started my bub on it at 5mths but the only reason i did so late is because i am exclusively breastfeeding her (she won't take the bottle at all) and that is when she started to use the cup. She is 8.5mths now and loves her water. They say it's better to hold off on juice though as babies get addicted to it and wont have water, plus juice is bad for their teeth (even when teeth have not cut though yet!). Hope this helps - your bub is definitely old enough for boiled water.

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

The info session on solids said you can start giving them cooled boiled water shortly after introducing solids. I totally agree in that I don't see why you can't give it to them at any stage. My little one has a couple of sips now as I am teaching her to drink with a sippy cup. She doesn't think much of the taste so far - pulling those little 'what is that crap you've given me' faces. LOL !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I also live in Brissy and ever since the weather has heated up (specially these last 3 weeks) Ive been giving bub boiled water. My Ronin is breastfeed only and Im using a bottle he loves it. Im giving him water between feeds and also when he is eating

Siane Brisbane lil boy born 14/05/2005

Jessica has had water from the time she was 1 week old, on the advice from a midwife. It was really hot when she was born and to this day loves her water
Sign in to follow this topic