Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Straws...... Lock Rss

Hello all....

Just wondering at what age your bubs learnt to use a straw. I tried Isabella on one last week and she took a minute or two to figure out how to use it, but then she wouldnt stop sucking up the water and then just choke/gag on it. I tried for 2 days with no success.
Any ideas on how to teach her to just suck and swallow little bit at a time without the gagging would be great!!

Thanx...

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

My daughter actually learned to drink from a straw when she was 9mths old, she took to it straight away I was surprised but then all my friends with bubs the same age then tried their kids and then all had success. Then with my son I tried him but he wasn't good at all, he even had trouble with all those sippie cups, but after 12mths he finally got the hang of the straw, at first they do choke/gag on it but from my experiences they eventually work it out for themselves. So maybe just give her some more goes at it and she'll work it out, good luck.

hey...thanx for the replies. I will start isabella back on the straw cup now. I just didnt know if it was normal or not with the gagging thing.

Thank you again!!

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

Sign in to follow this topic