Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

smelly poo. Lock Rss

I have just started my 5 month old on solids. mostly mashed pototao and pumpkin and he loves it. However his poo has become really really smelly. I can smell it from 3 meters away. it has a sort of sour smell to it. I know the older he get the poo will get worse but i just cant get over the smell. He is also breast feed but has one bottle at night as i found he settles better. is this too much for has little belly to handle, is this "normall" or is there something wrong.

mum to ryan 10-05-05

I am giggling right now as my DD had the same thing. She could clear a room and yes, I too can smell it from another room. I always recommend chatting to your CHN about it, just to make sure as all babies are different. I was told its normal and to expect them to stink more as I introduce even more solids. My little one has pumpkin, carrot and pear so far. I can't imagine them smelling more, they almost make my eyes water as it is ! Mind you, my DH can clear the whole house at times. Would you have ever imagined having conversations about poo before having a baby? LOL

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic