Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. how many solid feeds for a 4mth old

how many solid feeds for a 4mth old Lock Rss

hey people's
i'm sure it's here somewhere but i'm being a tad lazy. my partner thinks damon needs 3 solid meals a day. at the moment he's aving two. he's 4 mths old

i started Logan on solids at 5 months. He began on one solid feed a day which quickly increased to two as he loved it and seemed to be tolerating it just fine. He is almost 6 months and he now has 3 solid feeds a day: cereal and fruit for breakky, cereal and veg/fruit for lunch, and 3 vegies for dinner. He scoffs the lot and still has the same amount of breast feeds he was having before starting solids. I think so long as you use your baby as your guide, and go by how well they tolerate the food, then you should be ok. But I am no expert.

Logan 03/05/05 Lily 06/11/06

I started my daughter on solids at 5 months 1 meal a day and she was about 6 1/2 months when she started having 2 meals, she is teething at the moment and has gone back to only having 1 meal again and just refusing any other meal, I didnt give my first baby 3 meals till she was about 8 months old.

It might be a good idea to talk to your plunket nurse and find out but I heard you should start them on one meal at around 4 months and see how they go and it depends on how much he is eating at each meal as milk is still the most important food at that age.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

hi thanks for the replies. my boy appears to be a big eater. he'll have 1/2 weetbix with fruit in it in mornings and 100mls of yoghurt or about 5 tablespoons of vegies. he is still having the same amount of formula and b/f each day. i think it's just my partner or his mother whispering in his ear.
today he suggested giving him less formula and more "juice", water and solids. i didn't really like that idea and i did explain to him that damon still needs a minium amount of formula a day.
i don't mind the water idea as we have had a few warm days already and he doesn't seem to mind it. But i really don't want to give him juice until it starts getting really warm. i think he's trying to be helpful coz he got a bit offended when i explained about the formula issue.

Sign in to follow this topic