Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Back to work and Breastfeeding? Lock Rss

I want to go back to work 1 or 2 days per week. As I am a teacher this will mean I can still breast feed in the morning, afternoon and before bed. What do I do for the day time breastfeed my daughter usually has. She likes the taste of formula but wont take a bottle?
My mother and mother in law will be caring for my daughter and I need to have this worked out before I go back to work. How will I know she is getting enough liquids? She also has 3 solid feeds a day.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same problems with my son.
How old is your daughter?
Bradyn was 8 months when I went back to work (3 days) and wasn't really drinking from a bottle. I had a little more success with a sippy cup. But he still wouldn't drink much. At 9 months some babies will give up on the lunchtime feed anyway, so I wasn't too worried he was eating solids fine.
Anyways for some unknown reason he started to drink from a bottle at around 10 months, using a teat too, I'm not sure why, I just kept trying with him. He will drink 2 bottles a day now.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

hi,
i would try anything to get your daughter to take the bottle at that feed. But i have a mothers group and there is 15 of us. 2 of the mums found that their baby was the same as yours and wouldnt take the bottle so they started introducing a cup for one of them and a sippy cup for the other. You have to remember its only one feed and if they have to feed her at that feed and she is really that hungry she will drink it. GOODLUCK. im sure she will be fine.

Another friend of mine put her baby in childcare and the baby now goes with out a feed at all because she will not drink formula AT ALL! and mum isnt there to give her a b/feed so she just eats more solids or a sippy cup of full cream cows milk (is what doc suggested) anything is worth a try!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi,

If you don't want to wean her off that feed, you could express at work. If you don't express, you can give her formula. Both can be given in a cup.

I taught my dd to drink out of a sipper-cup when she was 5-6 months by putting a little bit of expressed breast milk in it. It didn't take long, now she drinks both breast milk and water out of a cup.

She will controll how much liquid she needs, as long as she has it available.

Good luck!

Vaarin
Sign in to follow this topic