Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

teething rusks Lock Rss

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what age I can start using teething rusks. The packaging I've seen says six months, but other things I've read say not to give a baby wheat products (they all contain wheat flour) before 7/8 months.

Jules - DS 15/6/05, DD 11/7/07

I've been told similar, not to use them till after 9 months. Our little chart says that things like toast, biscuits (etc) also not till 9 months plus. Every one seems to be told different things. My only concern at this stage is how DD would go with the texture and possibly choking.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

hi there,
my bubby was 4months old when getting his first 2 teeth. I started giving him teething rusks about 2 weeks later - although he did only suck on them!

IT WAS TOO EARLY! he choked on them 2 times i wasnt going for a 3rd time. He started to suck through and grind the 2 teeth on the base of the rusk and suck it enough to snap some off about a 1cm piece. IT WAS THE SCARIEST THING THAT EVER HAPPEND!!! there is no warning on the rusks box that they are a choking hazard, but what ever you do if you give them to your children before 6months watch them every moment!

He is now a few days off of 9months old and has been having them safely for about the last 2-3months. I wouldnt try them if i was to have another child until he/she was 6months old.

Just be carefull i hope this helps!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic