Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

teething rusks Lock Rss

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what age I can start using teething rusks. The packaging I've seen says six months, but other things I've read say not to give a baby wheat products (they all contain wheat flour) before 7/8 months.

Jules - DS 15/6/05, DD 11/7/07

I've been told similar, not to use them till after 9 months. Our little chart says that things like toast, biscuits (etc) also not till 9 months plus. Every one seems to be told different things. My only concern at this stage is how DD would go with the texture and possibly choking.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

hi there,
my bubby was 4months old when getting his first 2 teeth. I started giving him teething rusks about 2 weeks later - although he did only suck on them!

IT WAS TOO EARLY! he choked on them 2 times i wasnt going for a 3rd time. He started to suck through and grind the 2 teeth on the base of the rusk and suck it enough to snap some off about a 1cm piece. IT WAS THE SCARIEST THING THAT EVER HAPPEND!!! there is no warning on the rusks box that they are a choking hazard, but what ever you do if you give them to your children before 6months watch them every moment!

He is now a few days off of 9months old and has been having them safely for about the last 2-3months. I wouldnt try them if i was to have another child until he/she was 6months old.

Just be carefull i hope this helps!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic