Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Motherly Cubes Lock Rss

I am in to day 2 of starting solids with my second son and was preparing myself to get back in to the 'puree and freeze' routine when somebody told me you can now buy pureed fruit/vege in cubes in the frozen food section of the supermarket called 'Motherly cubes' or similar. Has anybody tried these? Are they as nutritionally sound as the real thing?

Jodie, mum to Jonesy & Logie Bear

Hi there,
I've tried them. I think they are nutritionally sound?
My bub didn;t like the fruit ones (none of them) and when I tried them I found that they were quite tart, as tho the fruit wasn't quite ripe. I buy the beef+vegie ones for backup in case I run out of home cooked food. They aren't bad although I reckon the beef cubes smell like meat pies, which is kinda weird (I havent tried them as I am vegetarian!). She doesn't mind eating them anyway! But definitely not as nice as home-cooked food. We haven't tried the chicken combo as Coles never have their shelves fully stocked!

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

Hey,
I've used them to try Mitch on the new foods, but found it was a lot cheaper for me to make my own veges, but they were good to let him taste the new foods and if he ended up liking them i would then make a batch! But, then again, i only have one baby, so i'm not sure how much time i will have to do it once the second comes along!
I really don't know about the nutritional value of them, i didn't go into it much as i was planning to make my own anyway!
My neighbour used them and swore by them!!!
Sorry i couldn't help you further!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Sign in to follow this topic