Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

boil it or not? Lock Rss

hello everyone
this may seem like a silly question lol
i want to start my son on bottled water so do i boil it like tap water or give it to him just the way it is?
Hi
It really depends on how old your son is? Because bottled water is no better than tap water and is in some cases worse . Just because it says pure water does not mean that the water is sterile.

i use normal tap water and boil it.
have done since he was 4months old he is now 9months and he is fine smile good luck

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi!

I use filtered water for my dd (she is now 9 months) I don't boil that.

Vaarin
Hi,

I had the same question, especially because I was used to sterilising everything! I did a bit of research and ended up buying a water purifier. It turns out water needs to be boiled for 20 minutes to kill all the harmful microorganisms. The water purifier kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses and attaches to your ordinary kitchen tap. I'd be happy to give you the details of where I bought it if you are interested. It also doesn't remove good minerals like fluoride.
I would probably boil it, although on the hot days we have been having here in melbourne the only water i had was hot bec ause i had just boiled the kettle so i gave him cold bottled water, and he loved it, but i do normally boil it, but i guess on occasion it should be fine!
Well i hope so anyway lol!

Mum to Taniesha & Braydon born on the 8th June 05

Sign in to follow this topic