Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Ribena with water? Lock Rss

Matt (7 months) fights his bottle feeds and won't drink water. I would like him to have more fluids as it is already so hot in Townsville. I have thought about adding a little baby juice to the water to give it some flavour, but it is going to cost a fortune as a bottle is recommended for between 2 - 5 days in the fridge (depending on brands) and I don't plan on using too much. A friend recommended adding a dash of Ribena. She says it is no more harmful than juice and lasts longer. Does anyone use it or otherwise, has anyone heard any reason not to?

Ange

I haven't done it as Mia drinks water okay (but have bought some in readiness). Anyways, I know of LOTS of mums who do it. Some do it a bit strong for my liking and others just tinge the water.

Can't hurt to try and then maybe start cutting the Ribena amount back so in a few months he will be just drinking water.

i actualy heard that its not recommended to give baby juice .. because it causes tooth decay... try giving him the water in a cup or a different coloured bottle so that its something new instead
Ok, my bit now.

I have used Ribena diluted well with water with all 3 of my kids and they have loved it and their teeth are quite good...the dentist has said my kids have the best teeth they have seen on most kids in ages! I think so long as you keep up the tooth brushing don't worry!

The main reason I gave my kids this as it was one of the only things to get them pooing! Although I must say it would take a couple of days to actually start working so don't think bub will get the runs or anything!

My kids wouldn't drink water either so the I did what I think is the best choice to get plenty of fluids into them and that was give them anything to drink...but not fizzy drinks of course.

Anyway, that's been my experience.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic