Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

how to make a good potato puree Lock Rss

Not having much luck with making Potato Puree. How does everyone do it? do you add water or formula? do you add any rice cereal?? I know (through experience) that you cant do it in a blender. I mashed some up, but cant get it smooth enough - ideas??
hi Treen07

mine is going to sound boring, but my daughter has lapped it up. Get a couple of potatos (i use the white skinned ones). Peel them so that there are no strippy bits, chop into small pieces, microwave in a couple of tablespoons of water for 1.5 minutes, check to see that they're soft enough, then put potatos + the water they were steamed in into a blender (yep a blender works) and add a couple of tablespoons more of preboiled water (if necessary) and blend. If not the required thickness, then add another tablespoon or so. Works beautifully. Mabye cook more than needed, and use it to mix with pureed pumpkin. put into icecube tray and you'll have a great supply on hand

hope this works
susan

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

ok, now i use a beater to make my potato smooth... my bubby is now 9months and i have just been adding normal milk (full cream cows milk) from about 7months old. sometimes i even add a small bit of grated cheese or even butter. Just a small amount.

But how ever you have your potato do it the same. As for smooth try the electric beater - it works a treat for me.

ps if your baby is under 7months i used water or formula to mix with it.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic