Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Storing Homemade Purees etc Rss

Hi I use non stick muffin trays to freeze my food in and then once frozen I put the 'muffins' into tupperware. If I used a ice tray it would take a whole tray to feed my little man!
I also rehaeat them in the microwave - though you will need to stir them during the reheating

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Once again everyone a BIG Thankyou to everyone for the posts. Advice has been fantastic and I've started using zip lock bags and they are working really well smile
Muffin tray idea sounds great! At the moment I'm still using ice cube trays but I'm sure once he starts eating more I'll need to move on.
Thanks again!

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Hi Flintstones
I too freeze whatever puree mix in ice cube trays then store them in a sanwhich bag either tied with a twist tie or knotted at the top. I do it in twos then just defrost them in a bowl of boiled water. Glad your little one likes Pears a good thing to remember for later on is that pears are really good to get the bowels moving, so if bubs is having a couple of rice cereal feeds a day (which can cause constipation), pears gets em moving again.
Kristy

member since 2004

I know what you mean. We've had this problem already and I quickly found the remedy even though the peadiatrian told me to use juice and as soon as i did he went off juice and water so now I just keep him on water.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Sign in to follow this topic