Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Getting Pregnant Again Rss

Can you guys tell me, what actually happens with your breastmilk when you get pregnant again? I've heard things like it diminishes, changes flavour (baby #1 doesn't like it), etc. Is that true and what else?
I was hoping to feed my baby until she is 12 months old but I got my period back quite early and now I'm expecting to get pregnant in the next couple of months... Hannah's 2 1/2 months at the moment so I basically want to know what I'm up for! Ta
This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Toni

That's so nice to hear you breastfed you boys for that long. I'm breastfeeding my 8 1/2 month old son and we want to start trying for #2 soon. I want to keep breastfeeding until my son is at least 12 months but I'd love to start trying to conceive now, however I have read that if you have a history of miscarriage it's not really recommended as breastfeeding makes your uterus contract. Have you heard anything like that? I'm going to ask our child health nurse on our next visit, but I'm just curious about other's thoughts/info/opinions.

Jasmine

in my opinion your uterus can only contract so much. personally i think if it was going to be a major problem our bodies wouldnt even ovulate if breast feeding was a cause of miscarrage.
all things recommended , i think should be thought about , but not to the point if it makes you stress. if that were the case the stress would be a bigger risk on the body than the breasfeeding. and people would work themselves up for nothing.
but as i said , thats only my opinion smile
Life is too short to worry about "what if ". just relax and let nature take its coarse. smile I'm having alot a fun trying to get pregnant again (hehehe!)

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Thanks for you advice and reassurance Toni and Chelby. We might just have to start trying very soon!!! I only planned to breastfeed my son until 12 months but now that it's getting closer and he's still having 5 or 6 feeds a day I'm not so sure, as I don't want to rush him. I thought he'd start cutting back by himself by now but I guess not. But we really do want another baby soon and who knows how long it will take to conceive anyway. All the best with conceiving Chelby. Thanks again.

Jasmine
i didnt breast feed but a friend got pergant with her 2nd while breat feeding she didnt know she was prgnant as hadnt had a period i think the oldre one was about 5 months old

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi,

I was just reading about all your comments on breastfeeding will trying to fall pregnant again, and while I don't have a comment on that.. am praying not to fall pregnant with a 2mth old!! I just wanted to comment on Tonipie's comment that it is hard to loose a baby. I know you didn't mean anything by it, and agree that it may be 'meant to be' but belive me, it is VERY easy to loose a baby. After suffering 2 miscarriages before my now 2 mth baby, I thought that was abit false. I was told by my Dr. as many as 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage in Australia.
Thank you for you response Tonipie, i appreciate what you wrote. I do also agree that it is the mum that suffers and the baby usually thrives.. after vomiting from 6-18 weeks of pregnancy I was worried as hell about my baby, but with plenty of reassurance from my G.P that while I am suffering my baby is as happy as can be (besides hospital admissions on my part for I.V fluids) Ashton is perfectly healthy. Thank you also for your encouragement
Sign in to follow this topic