Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Cow's Milk Rss

Hi All,

Corey turns 1 on Sunday and I am just wondering when & how do I introduce cow's milk.

Should I try him on 1 bottle a day first then increase.

Any ideas would be great.

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

hello,
my son is only 7 months but my maternal child heath nurse says that you should mix your formula/breastmilk 3/4 with about 1/4 cows milk that has been boiled then gradually increase the amount of cows milk. Hope this helps.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Hi Michelle,
All 3 of my kids were on cows milk at around 7 months of age. I suggest you dilute it 50% milk, 50 % water at first, and give him the first drink at lunch time. Once he is drinking it fine, give it to him morning, then night. Then you can increase the ratio of milk to water to 75% milk, 25% water for about 2 weeks, then give 100% milk. By diluting the milk, it decreases the chance of diarohea caused by the different milk. If you are worried about him getting insuffient vitamins from cows milk, you can buy Pentivite vitamins from the chemist, which are excellent. Hope this helps.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

i was advisedto give the bottle with half milk and half formula then gradulaay increase the milk it worked witm my 3

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic