Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

What's your day like? Rss

Hi, I am interested in hearing from mums with bubs between 6-12 months (who are on solids). What is your day like? How many milk/solids feeds does your little one have and what sorts of things is she/he eating?

My little girl has 4-5 bottles a day plus 3 meals (breakfast: rice cereal & fruit, lunch: vegies, tea: pear & banana rice cereal but soon to be replaced by custard or something). I have been giving her a bottle before solids but our clinic sister has just said that I should offer her solids before milk now. I said I was concerned that she wouldn't drink her milk then so she said to offer milk about an hour after solids (or when bubs is due for a sleep).

So now I will have to rethink our days. But in the meantime I'd be interested in hearing what you and your baby get up to during the day.

Kim, Qld, 9 mth girl

hi well my daughter is 10 months old we have our good days and our bad ones today was a bad one she is is going through teething at the moment.
well my little girl has 2 full bottles of 250mls and 2 half bottles of about 130mls aday she has the 2 full ones of a night and morning and the other half ones in the day but some days she only has one in the day.
well for breakfast she has toast,cereal and juice lunch she has yogurt desert,custard,fruit and sometimes a little sandwich tea she has vegies with rice,noodles or meat or just plain vegies with abit of gravy and she also snacks during the day as well on watermelon or any other fruit ,dry biscuitor sometimes a small tub yogurt.
i always offer my daughter her bottle first but sometimes she dosent want it anyway so she just has her solids.
Hi,

My Son Joshua will be 8 months on monday. Our day normally starts at about 7 am when he will have some weetbix and fruit and a 100ml bottle of milk.
About 2-3 hours later he will have some fruit or yougurt with a 100ml bottle of milk. 3-4 hours later he will have vegies for lunch, he will eat anything i give him, and he will have a 100ml bottle of milk. Then he will normally have a 30min - 1hr sleep( if i'm lucky.)

3-4 hours later he will have some fruit, yougurt or custard and a 100ml bottle of milk.

at about 6.30pm he will have a bath and a 200ml bottle of milk and then off to bed he goes.

I normally give Josh his bottle first and then his solids but sometimes he reaches out for his food so i give it to him first.
Like everyone we have a good and bad days but he is normally really good. I would like him to sleep a bit more during the day but atleast he sleeps during the night.

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Hi, my son is 7.5 months old. We start our day anytime from 6am till 8am depending on our nite! We start with a breastfeed and then, about half an hour later I offer Ezrah some weetbix or oats with fruit. Sometimes he's keen and others he's not. I just wait and see what mood his in. At mid morning he has a 200ml of goats milk formula and goes down for a short sleep. When he wake at 11:30 or 12:00 he has another breastfeed and at about 1 he has lunch which could be toast & vegies or fruit. We play and swim till 2. Sometimes he'll have some copped up fruit which I let him eat himself and sometimes he'll have another breastfeed and go off to sleep. He wakes at 5 ready for another breastfeed and has dinner at 6, this is usually vegies and lentils aswell as some custard. We then have a bath and he has little 'snack' breastfeeds till he goes to bed (anywhere from 7:30 till 9:30 depending on how lucky I am!)

Ezrah still has heaps of breastfeeds. Iknow he's a snacker because when I go to work for four hours he doesn't worry till I get home! He has lots of water too. If I wanted to cut down on the breastfeeds I probably could but it doesn't worry me, I figure he'l slow down as he gets older.
Hannah wakes up at 5.30am and i put her on the breast, which is where she stays until 6am. Then she plays on the floor with her toys and i stay in bed until 7. Then i get up, we have outside play time while i put the washing on that's been soaking since the day before. At 7.30 we both have breakfast, she has another breastfeed, then we get out of our pjs. I don't see the point in getting dressed before breakfast, we would have to get changed after anyway! At 9am we go back in the bedroom and she has another breastfeed, which puts her to sleep by 9.10. I clean up the kitchen after breakfast and she's up again by 9.20, which is when we go outside again and Hannah has some more outside play and i get the nappy buckets ready for that day and hang the washing out. At 10.30, we both have some fruit. I usually cut up a few pieces of fruit and we share it. At 11.30 we go in to the bedroom where she has a half our feed, which puts her back to sleep. She's asleep by 12, so i start cooking dinner and get lunch ready, as she only sleeps for 10-20 minutes. At 12.30 she has a tub of yoghurt in her highchair then i put her on the floor with a sandwich and her cup of water. At 1.30 she has a breastfeed for half an hour. At 3 she has a 5 minute feed which puts her to sleep, then at 3.20 she has a biscuit for afternoon tea and some water from her cup. At 4.30 she has a quick breastfeed then a play. I give her veges and sometimes meat, followed by custard at 5, then straight into the bath. We go for a walk at 6 for an hour, then at 7 i feed her for as long as it takes to get her settled, sometimes an hour sometimes more. Then i bring the washing in and fold countless nappies ready for use again. It's a full time job

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

My little man wakes at 8am. Has breakfast at 8.30am of weetbix mixed with oats and a bit of apple. A bottle of 200mls at 9.30 or 10.00am. then sleep at 10 .30 or 11.00am then he wakes at 12.00pm or earlier as he is phasing out of his morning sleep. Lunch is vegimite toast and fruit at 12.30pm. Bottle is usually 2.00 or 2.30pm then sleep at 3.30pm. He wakes at 5.00pm and its meat and veg at 6.00 or 6.30 pm then bath at 7.00pm then bottle at 7.30pm bed at 8.00pm.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Sign in to follow this topic