Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Breastfeed baby badly constipated on solids, help!

Breastfeed baby badly constipated on solids, help! Lock Rss

HI , COULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE US SOME ADVICE . WE HAVE ATTEMPTED TO GIVE BUB SOLIDS ON 3 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS NOW AND EACH TIME SHE GETS SO CONSTIPATED SHE HAS TO HAVE AN ENEMA AND EVEN THAN ITS STILL A STRUGGLE FOR HER TO GO. WE HAVE TRIED PRUNE JUICE, COLXSOL DROPS, BROWN SUGAR AND WATER ETC. THE ONLY FOODS SHE IS HAVING IS PUMPKIN AND SOMETIMES PEARS. WE'VE TRIED GIVING IT TO HER ONLY ONCE IN THE DAY IN THE HOPE THAT SHE WOULD'NT GET SO CONSTIPATED, NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. THE DR SAYS TO KEEP THE SOLIDS UP AS SHE IS 7 MONTHS OLD BUT ITS REALLY HARD AS I JUST KNOW THAT OVER THE WEEK OR SO SHE WILL BE BADLY CONSTIPATED AGAIN, ITS REALLY HORRIBLE TO WATCH YOUR BABY IN SO MUCH PAIN, SHE SCREAMS AND SHAKES AS IT IS SO PAINFUL, HER LITTLE BOTTOM BLEEDS ALSO. WE HAVE BEEN TO THE CHIROPRATOR THE OTHER DAY NOTHING HAS CHANGED YET. A FRIEND WAS TELLING ME THAT SHE MAY HAVE AN IMATURE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM OR SLOW BOWELS. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Hi c.c
I'm no expert (i'm a first time mum to a nearly 5 month old), but I would maybe see a paediatrician in regards to your child always being constipated. Or even getting a second opinion. Sounds like you've tried many things without success.
Good luck,
I hope someone can you an answer!
Karlie

karlie. 15month old two foot terror!!

I agree - get this one checked out. I dont' like the sound of her 'little bottom bleeding'.

I have a friend who's now three year old is constantly constipated. She was even constipated on breast milk - believe it or not. They have been using suppositories regularly since.

My DD went 5 days without a poo when we started on that stupid cereal. Now I give her pear in the morning which gets things moving - at least once a day. It sounds like you've tried all these things, so time to get the 'quacks' involved.

Best of luck - keep us posted on how you go.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

my breastfed baby also got constipated when we started solids so now I mix prune juice with the rice ceral and give her water in a cup after every meal and it usually helps.

Probally not much help to you tho, sounds like you already tried that.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic