Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. BABY ADDICTED TO JARS OF FOOD...WONT EAT HOME MADE NO MATTER HOW HARD I DISGUISE IT!!!

BABY ADDICTED TO JARS OF FOOD...WONT EAT HOME MADE NO MATTER HOW HARD I DISGUISE IT!!! Lock Rss

Hi all,

Thought i'd just put the question out there.....

Why do some babies prefer bought food vs home made food.

My baby is 10 months she loves her food, but will only eat the bought stuff.
From 4 months when we started the pureed fruits ect she has spat out anything thats not coming out of a jar or can.

Not only is it very expensive but we keep making all this food for her freezing in ice cube trays and she just spits is right out. What a waste.

All she'll eat thats not from jar is toast, biccys, youghurt etc.

Ive tried mixing foods 50/50 to trick her & try wean her off the bought stuff but somehow she knows, i even hide the jars now when serving it out as shes probably formed some kind of weird food/jar association.

Anyone else with same probs????

Any ideas be great too. thanks all BEC
Hi,

A friend of mine had the same problem and she tried mixing the 2 together AND putting the mixture into jars that she has sterilized. She started the mixture at about 80% jar and 20% home made and slowly increased it until it was 100% home made. Perhaps it might trick her into it??

Good luck!
I don't know if this has any relevance but commercial baby food is obviously alot more watery than freshly prepared so if you do manage to get bub to eat a little of your food don't expect them to eat a whole jar fulls worth.

So I guess what I am trying to say is with your homemade food is there any chance you can water it down to the commercial baby food consistency.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

hi all

i had a friend with the same problem the solution she ended up with that worked was to put your cooked food into washed jars so bub can see thats where it is coming from and her little one was very easily fooled by that

hopefully that helps you
goodluck

dannii

danielle nsw dd 24/6/05, dd 26/7/06

Sign in to follow this topic