Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

How much does your child eat? Rss

I know every baby is different but how much milk and solids should a 4.5 mth old be eating? And is it ok to give them rusks at this age?
Hi, I have a good feeding guide I got off the net and I would be happy to forward it to you. My email address is nat_rab@yahoo.com.
my daughter zoe was on 5 bottles a day with approx 200 ml milk in each bottle. they say u shouldnt give babies rusks till they are bout 6mths old. zoe is now 5 1/2mths old and i have given her rusks but i thought it cant hurt her cause it helps with her 2 teeth!
if bubs is sleeping and is content then u must b doing something right!!
leah

Leah and Zoe (2.10.2003)

Ok my 4.5mth old has 4 bottles ~260mls once made up, and 2 solid meals a day. I know not alot of babies this age have solids but she is a big girl and milk was no longer enough after 2 weeks on one meal a day Health nurse said to introduce 2 solid meals.

Deb, Vic

Ok my son is 5 and a half months, he has between 4-5 bottles a day (180mls) even when i make up the 240 ml ones he doesn't drink it, and he has 3 meals a day, with a snack. He has cereal (vita brits or rice cereal with fruit), custard or fruit for lunch and vegies with or with out meat for dinner, and for a snack he has a milk arrowrot bickie, or a rusk.
I know that he would rather eat then drink, he has been this way since 4mths, I also give him corn cobs (with all the corn removed) if we have had them for dinner, he loves it, and it also helps with the teething

twingle mummy (singleton and twins)

Sign in to follow this topic