Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Solids at 5 months Lock Rss

I introduced my boy to rice cereal today and he is almost 5 months old (on Friday). I started him on it as I feel he may need something more. I am still breastfeeding and I feel very guilty for giving him this food so early. I gave my daughter rice cereal at 5 1/2 months.

Why do I feel so guilty? I think it is because everywhere says 6 months. He took the first mouthful and gave me a huge big smile and wanted more, more, more. I gave him one teaspoon full of it.

What's the opinion of other mums? Should I feel this bad?

Lifes full of challenges

God no!! You know what is right for your bubbie and if he wants food then give him food. I started feeding my bub at about the same time and I never felt bad for it - he was SO happy which made me happy and helped me realise that I had made the right decision.
6 months is a guide and as I am sure you know every baby is different, some babies are ready for rice cereal at 4 months some dont like food until 7 months.....always let your baby tell you what they want and need not the packaging on a box. Dont feel guilty! Some babies need food early for all sorts of reasons.....so keep bub happy I say!

Mummy to Joe and Maggie

Sign in to follow this topic