Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Refuses his veggies Rss

Thanks Michelle,
I wasn't sure if you could use the tinned apple, but now I know you can I'll do some of that too. I just have a big bag of apples to eat now. I've found that he loves eating fruit this way as we've already had fruit salad, and pears. Plus I've made up peaches too. Hopefully when I try him again on veg it won't be a problem, but I want to do it at lunch so if he doesn't eat it and I don't give him anything else we won't wake up earlier at night hungry.
Let you all know how he goes.
Kristy

member since 2004

Small success
Today I gave Liam a mixture of potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, plus some mixed veggies (out of the packet). He didn't eat as much as he usually does but I managed to get almost a desert spoon amount into him. I did it at lunch time then afterwards he was given nothing else.
Hopefully each day he'll eat a bit more than the day before. Otherwise i've got a bucketload of pre-prepared vegetables in my freezer.
Thanks everyone for all their helpful advice. I'll keep you updated.
Now all I need is to find a hat for his fat head for winter.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Kristy,

Good news to hear you are having a small amount of success. At least you are throwing out your own veges and not tinned stuff, that would be quite costly.

I even put some baked beans (low salt) into my sons vege mix tonight and he loved that too.

Keep up the good work Liam,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Tepe
What Liam doesn't eat my husband and I tend to, at least its healthy. Today I tried a bit of vegemite in with his veg and he seemed to like it, not sure how I tasted it and it was horrible. He screwed hs face up but still ate it.
He's also just learnt how to do rasberries and has a bad habit of doing it with his mouth full or when I'm trying to put food in his mouth, lets just say it can spray pretty far.
Thanks for all your support it been great to see that I'm not alone. The only friend with kids I have asked for advice was no help as she told me that both her girls had no problems eating veggies. I remember differently but thats a whole different issue altogether. With her I've found he's never as bad as her girls were or if Liam does something good her girls have done it sooner or better.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Kristy,

Doesn't sound like much of a friend.....sorry, she must have some insecurity problems! That's the last sort of thing you want to be told, or feel! sad

I guess the veges are all trial and error, and soon you will work out what Liam likes most. Also he will hopefully get use to the idea of having veges daily and that should too!

As for the rasberries, my son went thru that stage too, very messy time! My son, also, is a big snuggler, and so as soon as he finishes his food, he snuggles his face into my chest. Guarenteed before i have wiped his face and i end up with all sorts of baby food all over my tshirt. Yummy wink

Take care,

Tianne

Hi again kristy,

I just thought of another idea....Have you tried baby food jars?? I know my kids both love them, and may be a bit easier for you until you know what he like! You may not want to do that though, as they can be expensive, just an idea!

Tepe

Hi again Tepe
I have tried one flavour of veggie's in jars but he hated that worse than mine. At least when I make it he'll eat a small mouthful, the jars he spits them straight out again.
I've found a way to get him to eat them heaps more than before. Its none other than tomato sauce. I sat down the other day with a few different sauces and a little veg set aside and he ate it when I mmixed tomato sauce into it, I didn't have to even try the steak or BBQ. I'm still giving it to him at lunch time but today he ate almost 3 iced blocks of veg, after a full feed from me. He's getting heaps at breast feed time as he's cut himself back to 4 feeds a day so he's able to get a bit more than normal at each feed. I could probably just give him one side but I give him the second to relieve the pressure from me.
Hopefully he keeps eating them without too much fuss. Now we only have to get him to go to sleep without the wrap and dummy and we'll be fine. (I don't mind either really, I figure he'll get rid of them when he's ready)
Kristy

member since 2004

Hiya Kristy,

What great news to hear you are having some success. wink Just a thought, look out for some low salt tomato sauce, as they can be high in salt. But hey, what works, works wink As for dummies and wraps, why not when they work!!

Take care,

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic