Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Yogurt for bubs Lock Rss

Not that I am going to feed it to her any time soon (only 15 weeks old) but I was just wondering. When you do give babies yogurt can it be any type of yogurt or is there some reason you have to give them a certain type and what is it?

hey,
I ws told that baby yoghurt is the best as apparently normal yoghurt has bacteria in it, that baby's bodies can't handle!!!
Don't know what age they can have normal yoghurt, Mitch is 15 months old and only been off baby yioghurt for about 2 months, before that the size of the baby yoghurt was convenient for us, so we kept him onit for awhile!
Hope this has helped!!!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Hi Carline

I've been told normal yoghurt is fine too. The main thing to watch out for is that it isn't sweetened with sugar or artificial sweetners. Babies also should have full cream dairy products as well. I used to give my son petit miam baby yoghurt if we were out as the little tubs were convenient. But at home he had Jalna. He started off just having the natural one as I used to mix it in with his vegies - and I don't think the vanilla one would have tasted to good with broccoli and pumpkin tongue ! He's 2 1/2 now and has the vanilla one mainly and loves it, the peach and mango one is really nice too. I just gave my 8 1/2 month old daughter her first taste of yoghurt today and just used the natural jalna one mixed in with her fruit and rice cereal for brekky and she loved it.

Kelly - from memory the petit miam baby yoghurt does have the bacteria in it - I could be wrong though.

Take care
Jasmine

Sign in to follow this topic