Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Help! How do you prepare bub's meat?

Help! How do you prepare bub's meat? Lock Rss

I have just started to introduce meat to my 7 month old's solids. She's tried chicken and steak so far, but she doesn't like either of them. I've tried waiting and then trying again. I've also tried mixing it in with food she likes, but she still just spits it out if it has meat in it.
I've also been having trouble preparing the meat because when I pureed the cooked meat, it became almost like sawdust so I added a bit of water to make it stick together in the ice cube trays and it was like pate (which was fine, but she didn't like it). But then it was time for my daughter to start eating mashed food instead of pureed food, but the cooked meat wouldn't mash.
How do you prepare your bub's meat so that it is cooked through, but still soft? How do you mash it? How do you make it wet enough to freeze in ice cub trays? How do you encourage your bub to eat meat if they don't like it?

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Hey.. I don't know if you are boiling or frying the meat but Ive heard that it's better if you boil it for about 20 minutes, or until cooked right thru. Hope this helps smile

Kelly (23) Brisbane, mum to Tahlia 11months

hi Carra

I just steamed some sliced up chicken pieces & sweet potato & pink lady apples in the microwave. I cooked the chicken for about 15 mins & the potato & apple for 10 mins. I then allowed it all to cool in the fridge before pureeing. I used the steamed water to help get it to a good consistency. For a first attempt it went really well & DD just loooooooooooved it!!

hope this helps
Kerry

by the way, there's a May 2005 babies group - check it out, we'd love to see you there!!

Kerry, WA

Other than fresh ham off the bone I've tried chicken. I will try some mince next month which will be interesting.

With the chook breast I cooked in foil in the oven as suggested on this site - worked a treat. Came out really soft and juicy. I blended with some carrots the first time, mixed really well. I didn't blend fully as DD eats lumpy food.

I also keep strips of the breast aside for DD to suck and chew as finger food. I tear it off along the seam (if that makes sense) as doesn't fall apart quickly.

I don't know how to encourage them if they don't like it other than persistance. So far the only thing DD hated was plain potato, but when mixed with another veggie she loves it.

Best of luck !

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic