Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. NO NEED TO PUREE FOOD WITH BLENDER

NO NEED TO PUREE FOOD WITH BLENDER Lock Rss

Hi all

I just thought I'd mention that when I visited my mchn she mentioned something I thought might be quite valuble to everyone.....

I told her that when I start TJ on solids, i am going to buy one of those food processors to blend the fruit/veges etc... and she told me not to. She told me just to mash them instead, because if we get all the lumps out completely they will gag on the lumps when we eventually do try to give it to them like that. She also said that's the problem these days with all these canned foods. They are sooooo smoooth that the babies get used to this texture and then refuse to eat lumpy foods later on, thus causing your baby to gag! She also mentioned that if your baby wasn't able to eat foods with lumps in it then they really shouldn't be eating solids then! In other words your baby will be FINE eating foods just mashed.

Let me know what your opinion of her comments are and if you agree..

Hi,

You are absolutely rite!..

I have been feeding my son since he was 4 months started on rice cereal..and then onto pureed and now at 8 months he gags all the time...causing him to refuse foods all the time..
He is not putting on much weight because of this.

Thats it I am going to just mash the food from now on...he will still gag for a few days but he will have to learn.

Thanks

Ekki, NSW, Baby Boy 20/4/05

Sign in to follow this topic